43221 Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College

Monday 7 February 2011

Project Management and Monitoring Production

According to my scheduling document, the work I was required to finish this week was conducting each photoshoot for the campaign (which was supposed to be done throughout the day on the 4th February) and starting to de-saturate/edit the imagery for the email element for the campaign (which was supposed to be started on the weekend). However, when I went to book the photoshoot on the 1st February each slot was fully booked up to the 17th February during the lunch break, so that was the earliest I could book the shoot, which ultimately means that all my outdoor risk assessment and photoshoot planning documents state that the shooting date will be on the 4th February, even though that's now not the case. I intend to carry out both shoots for my magazine article and magazine cover imagery (as well as the imagery for the campaign's T-shirts and badges) during that lunch break, and also plan on shooting my external shoots for my email and poster imagery on Tuesday the 15th February during the third free period at 11:50pm and the lunch break, which won't require any lighting equipment. In order to save time whilst waiting for each shoot, I plan on creating the design and fonts for each campaign element and then paste the edited pictures into them after they're taken.   

The reason for having to rearrange the date I intended to conduct the photoshoot on was that the photoshoot couldn't be booked until all outdoor risk assessment work was completed and uploaded to the blog, and as my Recces and Outdoor Risk Assessment documents weren't finished and uploaded until the 1st February, all the earlier slots for photoshoots had been completely booked up. I also took pictures of my location shoots for reference material for my Recces document and got my models to complete their release forms for the shoot the week before last according to the schedule, but didn't blog about that work last Monday when I was required to as I was pre-occupied in the lesson with trying to finish off other outstanding work such as my outdoor risk assessment documents, therefore my progress regarding that work wasn't monitored when it was supposed to have been.

Although I have successfully uploaded all of the outdoor risk assessment documents, I didn't complete my Recces, Outdoor Risk Assessment and Photoshoot Planning documents on the week beginning the 19th January when I was required to, which meant that they were uploaded to the blog on a later date than planned, which put me slightly behind schedule. However, all Outdoor Risk Assessment work was eventually completed and uploaded to the blog.

The Outdoor Risk Assessment work I was required to do has helped me in the way that it's given me a deeper insight into all the responsibilities and potential hazards that could surface when conducting a photoshoot, and has also given me a better indication of what procedures I must take if any harm was to come to anyone involved in the photoshoot, which evidently has provided me with more confidence to conduct the shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment