43221 Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College

Monday 7 March 2011

Project Management and Monitoring Production

According to my scheduling document, the work I was required to finish this week was making finishing touches to my completed products. However, as discussed in previous blogs, I'm a week behind schedule, although the only outstanding work I have to complete is finishing creating my magazine article, ironing the finished T-shirt and badge designs onto T-shirts and badges, and creating my email outlet for the campaign, which I intend to work on during lessons, in free periods and after college throughout the next few days to get them finished, therefore I'm not too far behind. This is what I've completed so far regarding the magazine article.

The deadline for handing in all completed projects is Friday the 11th, so I feel confident that I'll have all my products completed by then, particularly as everything ran smoothly this week and it's taken me less time to create some of the outlets such as the magazine cover and article than I thought it would. I expected the creation process, particularly for the magazine cover and article, to take at least three or four weeks due to the fact that I was extremely rusty when it came to navigating around Photoshop a couple of weeks ago for the first time in months.  

I feel the reason for my products taking less time to create than I thought they would is because I downloaded Photoshop onto my computer at home and was able to navigate around it and get myself re-familiarised with its tools and resources, which ultimately made the creation process of my products quicker and more efficient as I knew which tools to use in order to make each aspect of the product look more professional and effective (such as the de-saturation tool, the blending options tool to adjust the colours/shadow of the image and text etc.) and where they were. I also created graphics on Photoshop for my own personal use to get myself even more familiar and confident with the tools and resources for the campaign outlets, therefore I feel this has also been a major contributing factor to the quicker and more efficient completion of my products.

Similarly, through the continuous use of adjusting the shadows and saturation/altering the brightness and contrast to create a darker, edgier look on the graphics and campaign outlets, as well as gaining skills regarding suitable, effective fonts, the text positioning, the font effects in the 'blending options' tool etc, I definitely feel I've improved in using the tools provided on the program and can use them to a fuller extent than I would have if I didn't experiment with graphics and pictures or didn't possess Photoshop on my home computer.

This is an example of the graphics I created in my free time to help improve my skills and confidence in using Photoshop in order to produce better overall campaign outlets. By creating graphics such as these and experimenting with several layers in terms of their colour, shadowing, brightness/contrast, and transparency, as well as cutting out several complicated images with the polygonal lasso tool, I feel I've also become more confident is using this particular tool as cutting out imagery has always been something I've struggled with due to the fact I don't tend to have a steady hand when it comes to doing intricate things like that, therefore it's been an extremely beneficial process.


      
So far, I've finished creating my magazine cover, poster and T-shirt/badge design. I completed the magazine cover and T-shirt/badge design almost a week ago now, and made finishing touches to the poster two days ago. Below are the finished products, although I may decide to make further finishing touches or slight alterations to them at some point during the week. These are screen dumps of what I've completed so far.


Magazine cover.

Poster.

Badge design.

     T-shirt design.

No comments:

Post a Comment